Con Edison wants to help commercial & industrial customers save energy, money and protect the environment. We offer financial incentives for installing energy efficient electric and gas equipment and technical studies. These energy efficient measures can help improve your bottom line.
Rebates are offered for upgrading equipment including lighting fixtures, LED exit signs, chillers, packaged heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems, motors, water and steam boilers.
Performance-based custom incentives for installing high-efficiency equipment or energy saving solutions not on the Equipment Rebate Program lists.
Payment of up to 50% of costs, with a cap of $67,000, for an energy-efficiency technical study evaluating your energy use and recommending steps you can take to increase your gas and electric efficiency.
Customers with a monthly peak demand of 100 kw or less may qualify for incentives from Con Edison Small Business Energy Efficiency Program.
Below you will find:
Rebate and Incentive details by equipment or system
Steps to program participation
Save Money and Energy When You Upgrade to High-Efficiency Equipment
To find out how the Con Edison C&I; Energy Efficiency Program can work for your project, simply choose the equipment or system type that best fits your needs from the list below.
Lighting and Lighting Controls
HVAC, Furnaces and Boilers
Variable Frequency Drives
Energy Efficiency Studies
We can also help you find experienced professionals through our Market Partner Network to help you evaluate your energy usage and implement energy efficiency upgrades.
1. Review the equipment or system page, from the links above, that relates to your energy efficiency project. This information provides details for each measure, including rebate amount.
2. If you have questions about the program or the application process, contact us directly at 1-877-797-6347 or email us at [email protected]
3. Submit a completed application and other required documents to Con Edison via email, fax or mail.
4. Program pre-approval is required for all projects. Pre-approval can take up to ten business days after we receive all required materials. (Additional time may be necessary for custom incentive applications or projects requiring pre-installation inspections.) You will receive approval notice via email.
5. After you receive notice of pre-approval, purchase and install your energy efficient equipment. (Do not purchase equipment before pre-approval.)
6. Submit all required project documentation after your project is completed.
A signed and completed application (with any changes to the pre-approved application).
Copies of equipment specification sheets (with changes, if any).
Copies of final project invoices showing a detailed breakdown of costs.
Copy of account holder’s W-9.
7. We will review your application and, in most cases, a program representative will visit your facility and inspect the completed work performed for pre-approved projects.
8. Once the project has been inspected and approved, you can expect your incentive check in four to six weeks via U.S. First Class mail.
Program Application (PDF)
XACT – Application and Incentive Calculation Tool
The XACT tool assists customers and Market Partners in completing the program application and forms needed to participate in the program. Features and benefits include:
Excel–based application and calculation tool.
Drop down menu of each program measure and incentive calculation data (including baseline ranges for allowable installation costs).
Ensures energy-savings and incentive calculations are accurate.
Reduces pre-approval time by minimizing the need for multiple reviews of the project between the program and you.
If you are interested in using XACT or have questions, please contact us at [email protected]
To be eligible to participate in the Con Edison C&I; Rebate Energy Efficiency Program and receive cash incentives, your business must:
Be a commercial or industrial electric or gas customer of Con Edison.
Pay the systems benefit charge (SBC).
Have not received an incentive from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) or others for the same project.
Install qualified equipment or make qualified energy efficiency upgrades at a project site located in the Con Edison service territory.
Projects require pre-approval. Please review the pre-approval details for each incentive. Do not purchase or install equipment before pre-approval is received.
Please be sure to always download and use the latest versions of the applications. Incentive levels, program rules, and regulations are subject to change.